WHY SEO IS IMPORTANT
The Beginning process for any online marketing starts with SEO. Just like a Building needs a Foundation, SEO is its online analogue. Without it, going into other advanced techniques are futile and will lack stability. Now coming into facts, it is discovered that around 70% of clicks made by searchers are organic results. Moreover 67% clicks constitutes the First page results. So without a doubt SEO has the primary importance in digital platform not only because of the facts mentioned above but due to the fact that it gets you traffic without spending a single penny.
Being an amateur in SEO, it will be difficult at the beginning to get insights into our business condition. But if we can make use of the SEO tools available efficiently, we can break that tough initial phase. So let us look into the different tools available for SEO.
We can broadly divide the SEO campaign into two:
- Off –page Campaign
- On-page Campaign
The off page campaign is limited to link building, Article Submission, Social media marketing etc. where tools are obviously not available. So our focus will be on ‘On-Page Campaign’ where we can make use of tools.
Before going into the tools, we should have clear plan in mind on the path of building an SEO campaign.
KEYWORD BUILDING – BACK BONE OF SEO
The first step starts with building ‘keywords’. This is because keywords are the primary material needed for laying the foundation for SEO. Fortunately there are plenty of tools which can aid us in this part. We will limit this blog on dealing with keyword building. Hence, you’ll only need to use these 3 tools for SEO-focused keyword research:
- Keyword Planner: This is the right tool for the beginners. It is built by Google and serves three purposes.
- Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category.
- Get search volume data and trends.
- Multiply keyword lists to get new keywords.
You can register an account on AdWords using your gmail account. Head over to www.adwords.google.com and search for keyword planner under the “Tools” Section.
- Ahrefs: Another great tool available is ‘AHREFS’. It has got some unique features.
- It provides a difficulty score of 1-100 which indicates how difficult the search query is to get ranked
- It also provide the snapshot of SERP (Search engine results page) for the entry made in search box.
- SEMrush: One of the goals for any business will be to outrun the competitors and SEMrush does exactly that. If you can provide the URL of your competitors’ website it can fetch the queries that provide your competitor traffic to their site. From this you can get an insight into your competitor strategies.
- Google trends: As the name suggests it gives you the trend of a particular keyword. The internet is ever changing and so does the keyword. So unless we follow the latest keywords it will be difficult to maintain traffic to our site.
Google trends show how often a particular search-term is entered relative to the total search-volume across various regions of the world. The horizontal axis of the main graph represents time and the vertical is how often a term is searched for relative to the total number of searches, globally. Further below the main graph, popularity is broken down by countries, regions, cities and language.
We can see here that there is no need to brainstorm for Keyword Ideas. Tools can provide valuable insight in our SEO campaign. Now there are many tools available online which provides more or less the same services as the ones mentioned above. But here we have listed a few tools which serve some unique purposes and have been validated by most users as accurate and reliable.