Reddit is an U.S social newsflash collection, web content rating, and discussion website. It provides firms to market their product and services to get in touch with the mass number of customers in a minimum span of time. Reddit is the forum wherein the promoters can discuss anything and everything which has its core focus on attracting potential customers and retaining the present customers as well. Here more than 1.2 billion people visit Reddit every month. Small Business owners are now trying to leverage Reddit ads as advertising on Facebook, and Google has become expensive. Below are the steps required to create your first reddit Ad Campaign:
- To get started, sign into Reddit’s campaign controlling tool. You’ll need:
- A reddit account
- Ad copy (caption)
- Thumbnail image (140×140 maximum)
- Mobile card view image (1200×628)
Once you’re signed in, further name your campaign. The name will show up in your dashboard and not to users.
- Choose your Target audience
At this point in the game, you should have created marketing personalities.
With your target spectators in mind, Reddit ads permit you to narrow down your search using several considerations:
- Platforms (desktop and mobile web) or both
- Mobile devices (Android or iOS)
- Advanced time of day targeting
We suggest using subreddits as it’s one of the finest methods to find and connect with a niche community on Reddit. You can use SnoopSnoo or the List of Subreddits directory to discover which subreddit will work supreme with your Reddit ad promotion.
Also you can even use Reddit’s search bar, which will help you to know:
- Total number of readers
- Amount of people online in real time
Reddit ads also lets you negatively aim keywords and subreddits, meaning your ad won’t seem next to the selected keywords or subreddits. This is helpful because it means you can ensure your Reddit ad won’t be allied with sensitive subjects or a competitor.
- Set your budget
You can set a daily maximum budget or a overall campaign budget. Reddit ads are estimated by cost per thousand impressions (CPM), meaning you pay X amount for every 1,000 impressions.
It should be noted that Reddit self-serve promoting works on a second price auction. The highest bid for a target audience gains, but the amount paid is the second-highest bid plus $0.01.
With that in mind, select a bid that replicates the most you’re willing to pay.
- Choose you’re creative
On this situation, you’re ready to create and submit your ad for approval.
Here are the last few steps to create your ad:
- Choose the kind of ad— Choose between a link ad or text ad. You also have the choice to enable remarks for your ad.
- Enter your caption—Keep it to 100 letterings, and without extreme use of capitalizations and signs.
- Upload your images—Upload an image for desktop, mobile site, and mobile devices in card view.
- Name your creative—This won’t be shown to users. This is for you to keep track of your ads.
- Submit for approval—Reddit will take up to 24 hours to review your ad before it goes live.
Above mentioned steps will guide you on how to create the campaign on Reddit which will make promotion activities easier and even helps to increase the awareness of the product or services.